Poem on rain - It rained today

When most of the people were sleeping while monsoon began showing its arrival, I related my childhood fear of thunder and rain with my fear of facing problems and problematic people. Today, I can proudly say, I am no longer running away. I've decided to face it.

 


It rained today.
I told it, 
"I was once afraid of you.
The thunder, crumbled me.
The voice of droplets,
Was not more than an alarm,
An extended emergency-alarm.
I was scared of you.
So much that I covered my ears.
I was anxious,
and my body shivered. 
I used to find solace in my blanket,
Whenever you knocked the roof.
I used to cry my fear out,
Whenever your water chitter-chattered. 
Lying on bed,
I used to hide till you left.
But I am not intimidated by you anymore. 
I don't run inside,
I look at you,
Right in your eyes.
How'd it happen? Don't you wonder? 
Did I grow up? Did I become braver?
I didn't ignore you,
I embraced you. 
Somehow, I realised why
The clouds are pouring themselves out.
Must have been peaceful. 
Releasing away the heaviness,
With screams and tears, 
Must have been peaceful. 
With time, 
I related to you more than any other season.
I was pained too. 
I poured it out too. 
At some point, I was you."

I sighed as I looked up at the sky.
The beautiful white sky,
Also the greys.
I smiled.
"Listen again, 
I am happy to finally know you.
I have grown to love you.
You set me free,
From the pain I hide inside of me.
You let me be me,
For I have struggled all this time.
You play the right music,
For me to sing and dance to my heart's content.
You accompany me with the screams,
For I have never had a shoulder to lean. 
People find you sad, 
I find expression in you. 
You do hurt sometimes, 
But rightfully true to your imperfections. 
I appreciate your spontaneity too, 
Nothing has ever been predictable anyway. 
I am telling you, 
With you, it was hard. 
With time, all has been bearable."
It rained today, 
I smiled,
I cried too.



INTERPRETATION:

Looking back at younger me, I realise how I used to run away from my problems. Tried postponing them in order to get rid of them. Or rather not solving them and leaving them as it is, ignored. I used to be afraid of the pain. I didn't know how important it is to face them. How the challenges will make me an updated version of me.
Today, I have understood why problems and challenges come. They come to make us struggle, cry, work hard and realise. The pain was always meant to be felt. Feeling it with a brave heart is all that it requires. Facing the problems sets us free from all assumptions and teaches us accept things as they are. We can't runaway or change the hurdles destined. What we can do, is to learn how to solve them with sincerity. We will break and learn. We will fall and stand up. But when you go through the obvious of life, remember to smile through it. Never lose the hope.
Because once the clouds are done showering, the petrichor (Smell of drenched earth) and the chilly breeze will remind you how alive you are. <3


PS- I love getting wet in rain but sometimes I catch a cold. Do take medicine when that happens. If you know, you know :)

Comments

  1. Too relatable!!!
    I love rains too❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love rains and in my case I chase them because I know somewhere deep down inside me that rainy days only remind me of my preparedness and also I have felt many many rainbows post it. Everything has two sides to it what matters is which side you are looking at. In my case I wait to welcome the most beautiful rainbows post rains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I'm fond of enjoying rain, getting drenched in it 😍
    And the way you expressed the feeling was spectacular 😘
    Well done Mihi 👍❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment