School Crushes

SCHOOL CRUSHES


INTRO:
Hey classmate!!, who I only speak to when collecting and returning notebooks, I am sitting next to you for a while because I can get a direct and clear view of my crush from here.



How old were you when you had your first crush? No matter what age, you must have been in school and I am pretty sure of it.

I remember my first heart-fluttering feeling of getting a crush. I was 9.
I was sitting on a bench of my school's playground waiting for my daddy to pick me up. He was waiting for the second bus trip to go back home. He was my classmate. He climbed up the stairs to the park. The next moment, we were talking, and all I could make out of that instant was that feeling. *Plays Are Re Are- Dil Toh Pagal Hai*
When my daddy came, I started to get up and I turned, saw him smiling and waving at me. At that moment, that damn smile, that adorable dimple smile, I knew it was something. The fact that I remember it SO well is enough to justify that it indeed was a crush.
You know how sometimes everything is just so normal and still, even in that simple moment you just feel a breeze of fresh air sway your heart. Especially when it's for the first time, that moment becomes a memory forever.
Some crushes are like that blow of air. You catch feelings for almost 2 min and then you are back to reality. But those 2 min are enough to give you an adrenaline boost. Aise crush I swear har 5 din mein ek na ek baar toh aate hi honge. Market mein ghumte, school corridor mein, ya kahin bhi. They are like pseudo crushes. Or the wells you draw beside the rivers in your village landscape drawing.

My second crush was an embarrassingly hilarious venture. I was in 4th standard. He was tall, dark and handsome. Sigh.
At first, I took him for just some handsome guy but then I was made to sit next to him. Okay. Ahem. That coincidence made me lose my cool. *laughing writing this*
I remember, it was as if I got recharged whenever I was around him. Especially when looking at him clumsily ruining things, smiling and laughing with that cute voice he had.
Back at home, I used to think of him, write about him and dance in excitement. And also make up all those cringey scenarios in my head. lmao
See, it's not just me okay! You too must have had crushes jinko mann hi mann tumne propose krliya hoga. Altho you must have gone farther than just thinking of proposing but I won't right it here. hehe.

Next was Ranbir Kapoor. Just face it, his innocent face and those sparkling eyes are enough to get you butterflies. Celebrity crushes are so annoying. You think of them as your standard but you also know they are way outta your league. I feel like it was just because of watching him in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. The more I think, I realise it was bunny whom I was crushing on. C'mon who wouldn't fall for a guy who flirts like THAT and tells an introvert person ki vo jaisi bhi hai bilkul thik thak hai. *dil le lo tum*
If you haven't had any celebrity crushes, you are lying. Be it Madhuri, Hrithik, Shahrukh, Aishwarya or Vicky Kaushal. Age gap doesn't matter here, bss long distance, unrequited feelings. But agar Salman pe crush hai tumhara toh bhai mujhse dur rehna please.

My next crush pretty much messed up my friendship with my bestfriend. Yes. I had a crush on my bestfriend that too during the puberty years (you know what I mean). Prolly my first ever male bestfriend. And crushing on him was just something that I couldn't resist. Also, the thought of losing my friendship with him just never popped up in my head because it felt so meant to be. Spending a lot of time together because of our friendship just escalated my feelings and made me fall head over heels. I wish I had someone to slap me in the face at that time. I'll miss that friendship for a lifetime.
If you had a crush on your bestfriend, I feel you. We are in the same boat bitch. Just that, mine drowned. I hope yours keeps sailing.

After that, I have had many celebrity crushes but mostly because of the characters they played. Now I have realised that it's just because of how perfectly they are written by the writer. So I no longer get celebrity crushes. Also ye bollywood itna toxic ho gya hai, crush krne se pehle 100 baar sochna padhta hai.

I no longer get crushes on boys from school. Hote bhi hain toh 2 min wale hote hain. Fir meri bestfriend aake for real thappad maar deti hai. I mean she just makes me realise how stupid it is to have a crush on that person. No offence, it's just how girls save each other.
I heard that 11th and 12th are the years when people get the most crushes and ruin their results. But thankfully I was saved. If you were ruined, it's okay. If you are going to be in 11th soon, All the best. lol

But tbh, crushes just make your school life so much more exciting.
You are in the assembly hall being your chaotic self, laughing with your friend and suddenly she signals you to turn around. You see your crush standing right behind you and aaaaaaahahhahhahahaghh.
You are taking break time walks (that's a legit thing, I'm telling you) in the school corridor with your friends, you see your crush coming towards you. Your friends push you towards him. And you both just rub against each other followed by sorry with the most un-innocent smile ever. Unko gaali toh dete ho but mann hi mann laddoo phutre hote hain.
And when you see your crush approaching you and you have this bollywood moment playing in your head with piano in the background. Then he comes to you and asks 'extra pen hai kya?'. You come back to reality and instantly run through your pencil box to find just any pen to give him. Baadme par vo pen return ni krta aur tum gadho ki tarah khush hote ho ki usne tumhara kuch apne paas rakhliya. (Koi sense hai iss baat ki? Hume bahut lag rhi thi uss time) 

But honestly, the fun is when all your friends and even your crush know that you have a crush on him. Then they try to play all kinds of games to make you say things that can make them go 'OOOOOOOO' 'OHHOOOO' 'AHEMM AHEMM' 'AYEEE HAYEEE' mtlb saari aawazein nikal jati hain badtameezo ki.
Truth and dare-'WhO Is YoUr CRuShhhH?' duh
Also those heart attacks they give you when your teacher is around and they just make it SO obvious ki tumhare dil mein reactions ho rhe hain jo chemistry book se laakho koso dur wale hain.
And yeah, did your friends also randomly call you with your crush's name ya sirf mere wale hi alag grah se aaye the?

But ye crush kabhi kabhi dimag ka dahi bhi kardete hain.
Accept bhi ni karenge aur fayeda bhi full uthaenge. It never happened to me. Thank God. But I see my friends going through this and just feel like slapping their crushes. But ironically fir vo dost mujhe hi maarne lag jaenge. But issa fact ki crushes bante hi isliye hain taki vo hume reject krke rejection ki feel de sake.
I mean, not always. But honestly btau toh, school is the time to enjoy. Act childish because you are a child. So your crushes should be there to make you feel butterflies but jab lage ki ab raita failne wala hai toh change your crush. Koi nayi web series dekho and naye character pe dore dalo. Ya kisi nayi class ka tour lo and kisi naye insaan ko dekhte hi *tumse milke dil ka hai jo haal kya kare*
Don't take these school crushes seriously. Have fun with them, tease them, play around with them and just make chaotic memories jo baadme yaad krke embarrass feel kar sako.

At last, the best advice I can give is, NEVER HAVE A CRUSH ON YOUR BEST FRIEND!!! (in school)
Thank me later.


OUTRO:
You don't know but your crush very well knows that you have a crush on him/her and is ignoring you on purpose. GET THE HINTS!

Comments